Thanks for being excited about the Z2! We most certainly are :)
Here are 10 questions you may have:
1. What are the main differences/upgrades on the Z2? GPS tracking capabilities, improved camera, bluetooth for connecting to headsets, and fingerprint lock are a few of the new additions to the Z2. Additionally, the Z2 can support the Basic plan and the Gabb Plus plan. The Gabb Plus plan enables MMS. MMS means sending and receiving images as well as group texting. With MMS you cannot separate the two (image and group texting).
2. Can I upgrade my Z1 to the Gabb+ plan? You cannot. The Z2 is the only phone that has the capability of internally supporting the Plus plan.
3. Can I trade in my Z1 for the Z2? Can I upgrade my Z1? Yes! We will be launching a trade in program on or before September 15th. It will consist of a $20-$30 credit for your Z1 towards your account (with more details to follow). At this time, an existing customer can only upgrade if they are adding an additional line to their account. If you are adding a new line and also would like to upgrade an existing Z1 to a Z2, please chat with us so we can help you process that. Starting September 1st, upgrades will be available to all, regardless of wether you're adding a new line or not.
4. Can I keep my current Gabb number (or current number from AT&T, T-Mobile) and transfer it to the new phone? Yes! When buying the Z2 you may keep an existing number as long as it is active. This is called porting. If you would like to place a new Z2 order/line please reach out to us and we can place that order for you. You'll need your current active phone number, account number, and port PIN from your carrier. Once you receive the phone, the port may be completed by logging into your account (MyAccount) for you to process (complete).
5. What about phone cases/screen protectors? The Z1 case is slightly different and they will not fit on the Z2. That being said, you can purchase a case or screen protector on our website when you order your new Z2 phone! At this time, If you would like to purchase a Z2 case or screen protector without purchasing the phone, please contact us directly.
6. Can the Z2 be able to send/receive pictures? It can, if you would like. The Z2 supports the Gabb Plus plan which allows MMS and group text. You also have the option of using the basic plan with your new Z2, which would be the same plan as the Z1 (no sending/receiving pictures or group messages).
7. How does the GPS tracking work? Does it have maps navigation? The phone does not have map or navigation capabilities, only GPS tracking. Parents will be able to download an app on their smart phone to track their child's Z2. GPS tracking is available on both the basic and plus plans exclusively on the Z2.
8. Can I still buy a Z1? The Z1 will be discontinued for purchase, but with the Z2, you will have the two plans available (basic and plus).
9. How much does everything cost? The Z2 is $99 USD. The basic plan will continue to be $19.99 a month and the Gabb Plus service will be $24.99 a month.
10. When can I buy? When can I expect to get the phone? Preordering is live now on the website. The phones will ship on August 25th and will take a standard 3-5 days to arrive.
Continue to live beyond the screen and please chat in if you have any additional questions!