The following support article covers:
1. How the GPS app works
2. How to get the GPS on the Z2 phone and the App on your smart phone
Please check out the following page on our website! https://gabbwireless.com/gps/
How does the GPS work? This is a find my phone style function. From your parent smart phone you can track the location of the Gabb Z2 phone. It allows you to (from your smart phone) make the Z2 device ring if lost and allows you to track the location.
How to get the GPS on the Z2 phone and the App on your smart phone.
Dec 4 2020 - over the next few weeks the MyGabb app will be being pushed to all Z2 phones. They are staggered and will be being pushed over the coming weeks. The Z2 phone checks for updates every few days and when the push has been made to your Z2 device you will be prompted to update the phone. After the update the Z2 phone will have the MyGabb app as shown here:
Once the MyGabb app is on the Z2 device you may download the MyGabb app onto your smartphone as shown here!
Now that you have the MyGabb app on the Z2 phone as well as your smart phone it's time to pair the two as shown here!
Congrats! You can now track the Z2 phone from your smart phone.
First, ensure the “Use Location” setting is turned on in the Location settings menu of the Gabb Z2 phone.
1. "My Gabb Z2 phone does not have the MyGabb app on it"
If your Gabb phone has not been prompted to update, see instructions on manually triggering the update below. First, check your settings for the MyGabb app as sometimes it will be there but not on the home screen.
If your Z2 phone has not received the update, to place the MyGabb app on the Gabb phone you can attempt to trigger the update manually by performing the following on the Gabb Z2 phone:
3. Date & Time
4. Toggle off "Use network-provided time"
5. Manually set the date to 2 weeks in the future (if at the end of these steps this doesn't work you may try again setting the date to 4 weeks in the future).
6. Your Z2 will receive the software update within 10-30 minutes
7. Install the software update on your Z2 phone
8. After pairing the phones please go back into the settings and change the date.
2. "I can't seem to log into the MyGabb app (parent device/smart phone)."
A: Your login for this app will be the login for you MyAccount at https://gabbwireless.com/my-account/ - if you can log into your account there use that same login for the app! If you can't remember your password for you MyAccount you can use the password reset option on the login landing page.
Note: If you can log into your MyAccount but cannot log into your MyGabb app with those same credentials please contact support.
3. The Refresh Location and Play Sound features aren’t responding.
A: Power off / on the Z2 phone and relaunch the MyGabb app on the Z2. If you’re still having issues please contact support.
4. The location is not accurate (ie showing in a different state).
A: Ensure location services are enabled on the Z2. Reset the app on both the Z2 and the parent app (close the apps all the way down and restart the device) If you’re still having issues please contact customer support.
5. "Invalid Token" or similar error on parent app when pairing
A: Please log into your MyAccount and update your Contact Phone number in your account. There's a chance it's invalid or incomplete.