The following support article covers:
1. How the GPS app works
2. How to pair the Z2 phone with your parent MyGabb App
Please check out the following page on our website! https://gabbwireless.com/gps/
How does the GPS work? This is a find my phone style function. From your parent smart phone you can track the location of the Gabb Z2 phone or the Gabb Watch. It allows you to (from your smart phone) make the Gabb Device ring if lost and allows you to track the location.
2. Log into the app using your MyAccount credentials. This is the username and password you use to log into your MyAccount. Most of the time this is the email and password you used to set up your account during your initial order.
3. Follow the instructions on the app like filling out your child's information - the child that will be using the device.
4. Turn on the Z2 phone and open the MyGabb app on the Z2 device (really make sure you're in a high cell service area). With the parent MyGabb App, scan the QR code found on the Z2 phone (found in the MyGabb App on the Z2 phone). Your Z2 will then flash a pairing code. Enter the code into the Parent MyGabb App. This process is shown here:
Congrats! You can now track the Z2 phone from your smart phone.
First, ensure the “Use Location” setting is turned on in the Location settings menu of the Gabb Z2 phone.
1. "I can't seem to log into the MyGabb app (parent device/smart phone)."
A: Your login for this app will be the login for you MyAccount at https://gabbwireless.com/my-account/ - if you can log into your account there use that same login for the app! If you can't remember your password for you MyAccount you can use the password reset option on the login landing page.
Note: If you can log into your MyAccount but cannot log into your MyGabb app with those same credentials please contact support.
2. My Z2 phone is not flashing a pairing code.
A: This is likely low connectivity! Move outside or to a higher cell service area. Also, connect the Z2 phone to a WiFi network, turn the Z2 phone off, power on and try to pair again. Remember, although the Z2 can connect to WiFi it can NOT connect to the internet or 3rd party apps.
3. The location is not accurate or updating (ie showing in a different state).
A: Ensure location services are enabled on the Z2. Reset the app on both the Z2 and the parent app (close the apps all the way down and restart the device). If the location is still not connecting please try unpairing and re-pairing as shown here: https://support.gabbwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405026408727-Unpair-Z2-from-MyGabb-App
4. "Invalid Token" or similar error on parent app when pairing
A: Please log into your MyAccount and update your Contact Phone number in your account. There's a chance it's invalid or incomplete.