We are constantly working on updating our software. Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) is the process used by the Gabb Z2 to update the software on the phone. Devices will automatically prompt users to install FOTA updates on a schedule, but you can manually trigger the update using the following steps:
1. Power on the device.
2. Make sure the device is connected to WiFi.
3. Wait 5 minutes to let the phone communicate with the FOTA server.
4. After waiting 5 minutes, manually change the phones date/time to two weeks in the
future. This triggers the FOTA update process.
4.1 Go to Setting → System → Date & Time and disable the “Use network-provided time”.
4.2 Manually change device date to one week later in Setting → System → Date & Time → Set date. For example, if today is 6/18/2020 11:52AM, change the date to 7/4/2020 11:52AM.
5. The device will download the FOTA update package in the background. Wait 10-15
minutes for this to take place.
6. The device will prompt with a window to let the user know the update will be started.
Please choose INSTALL immediately
7. The device will reboot and begin the update automatically