This article answers why the taxes on your invoice may seem higher than normal.
Our monthly invoices are a reflection of all payments and adjustments made in the previous billing cycle. This includes any purchases that were made!
This means that the tax breakdown includes the taxes that were already charged on your order. No need to worry, all taxes that are already paid are subtracted back out at the bottom of the bill, so you don’t pay them twice!
- A full month’s service payment. If this is the first invoice after adding a line, this payment was already collected in your initial purchase and is subtracted out in line 5.
- All taxes (including those that you’ve already paid!) accrued during the previous billing cycle; the taxes already paid for are subtracted out in line 5.
- Handset/accessories purchased + any prorates in - any promos used
- Daily rate from the date of activation until the first billing date
- The total paid for any purchases in the previous cycle. This includes devices, accessories, service payments, and tax.
NOTE: Amount paid is a consolidation of unpaid taxes and either the prorate in or monthly phone plan charges.