If your child has forgotten their password, passcode, PIN to the Z2 phone we do not store that data. We currently to not store any of the native data (pictures, text messages etc) on our end to protect your privacy.
If this password is forgotten you may factory reset the Z2 Phone with the following instructions:
Be aware that factoring resetting the phone will restore it to its original state so your contacts and data etc will be erased. You can transfer pictures and files to a PC computer by plugging the phone in using its charging cable if you'd like.
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until the ZTE logo screen appears, then release.
2. Device Recovery Screen will appear (if this doesn't happen, it's not going to work)
3. Press the Volume down button to highlight "wipe data/factory reset".
4. Press the Power button to select.
5. Press the Volume down button repeatedly until "Yes -- delete all user data" is highlighted.
6. Press the Power button to select.
7. Wait as the device resets.
8. The phone may not reset immediately. Please wait as the device erases all of data and goes back to the Device Recovery Screen.
9. Press Power button to select "Reboot System Now" and the phone will restart.
The phone has now been reset to its factory settings like when you first received it.